Saturday, November 21, 2009

Enjoy Your Work

There is a famous proverb said by Chinese sage Confucius that: Find a job that you love doing and you will never have to work a day in your life. To me, I absolutely agree with it. This proverb tells us that if you can find a job which you are really interested in, you will enjoy your work time, and the work seems to be endless joy to you.

Nowadays, more and more people find their jobs not derive from their hobbies, but in order to earn more money. Sometimes the jobs which they are working are endless headache for them. But in order to live better, they have to do these. But if we ask ourselves: which is more important? The joy from work or the salary you earn from working? Specific to me, I will not hesitate to choose the former. As everyone knows, we spend a lot of time on working in our whole lives. If you don't like your job, how can you be happy? Some people have the similar experience that if you don't enjoy your work, this emotion will get into your after-working time. Hence, you sometimes can't live happily even after work. In addition, if you are not interested in your job, it's much harder for you to do well in it. If you don't do it well, you may lose confidence and dislike your job more. The worse, the worse. As a matter of fact, our lives are quite limited, you don't have enough time to enjoy them. Therefore, for me, I will choose a job I really love.

I have a friend who really loves dogs. But some irresponsible parents abandon their dogs on streets because of different reasons. She sympathizes them a lot. So she decided to help them. After she graduated from her university, she joined an organization which aims to help abamdoned small animals. Her university is quite famous in China, but her salary is only normal because of the type of jobs. However, she enjoys it a lot, she thinks her effort is worthy, and she have gotten much joy from her job.

If I have a chance to choose, I want to be a gymnastics coach. Gymnastics means a lot to me, I have loved it since many years ago. But I didn't have a chance to practice and so far I haven't enough opportunities to get in touch with it. That's why I want to be a gymnastics coach. I think that's the only way for me to feel the charm of this kind of sports. If my dream can come true, I will completely enjoy my job and life. What a happy thing!

Enjoy your work and life, maybe this is the most important thing during your whole life.

I have read Raena's and Helen's journals.

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion, an ideal job doesn't have to be directly related to your hobby. Instead, it should combine half of what you like and half of what you're good at.

    ReplyDelete