Saturday, November 14, 2009

Journal #15

My dear mum and dad,

I really felt sad when I received your reply. You are worried about my marriage with an American guy because of the cultural difference. I concede this point, because we grew up under different culture backgrounds, there must be some conflicts. But I don't really think it's a problem, we can combine our different culture and also I can learn some American culture. That is not bad for me.



In addition, you mention that the reason why you disagree with our international marriage is the different languages. However, if I marry him, I can improve my English much faster and my English level will be much higher than now. Forthermore, I know my mum is really interested in learning English, but she has little chance. If I marry him and stay here, she can come to America constantly. It's also a great chance for her to improve English. Moreover, my English is not that bad now, I can communicate with him quite well. Hence, I don't consider this as a barrier for us.



The last but not least point you memtion is the divoice rate. I know the divioce rate is quite high here, especially between international couples, but I think it depends on the specific couples. I really consider him as the best choice for me. He is so handsome and strong, also he always takes good care of me, so I have confidence to say that we can be in love forever. There are many good examples for us. A lot of our friends who are international couples lead a very happy life, such as Sean Cochran and his wife Lisa. So please don't worry about the divoice rate.



I really want to try, please give me a chance. There is a proverb in China says: Give me a chance, return you a miracle. If I even didn't try, I will regret forever. Although I know there will be some difficulties and uncertain aspects between, I think I can overcome them and lead a happy, bright and colorful life. Please trust me!

I read Nick's and Ann's journals.

2 comments:

  1. You're right, Sally. American friends really do improve your English!

    ReplyDelete