Friday, October 9, 2009

My Favorite Topic for Research

There is a famous saying in China: What impresses you most is what you have experienced. I absolutely agree with that. If you onlylearn something from our books, it cannot give you deep impression. Specific to me, I just got married three months ago; so I am interested in the similarities and differences of marriage among countries.

Marriage is a popular topic, which almost everybody has already or will experience. When talking about the similarities, I think the most similar point is that we all marry with our lovers. If there is no love between you and your sponse, your marriage probably won't esist for a long time. There also exists another important similarity: we usually hold wedding ceremonies, in which we invite our relations and friends and have a good time together. Although marriage is a worldwide topic, they are not quite similar in each specific country.

I am more interested in the differences in dstinct countries. I have already learned some from books or TV shows.In some countries, hosts only provide a little food and drinks in wedding ceremonies while there are a lot in other countries. In addition, there is a significant ceremony before the formal wedding ceremony in some countries, but there is either no or brief ceremony in other countries. However, what I have already known is to limited, I want to learn more about it.

I just experiences my significant marriage three months ago, and I found it very interesting, including the process you prepared for it and the formal ceremony. That is one reason I want to choose this topic for my research this semester. Another reason is that there are students with different nationalities in our class and school, and most of us are facing this matter.So, they know a lot about marriage. I am sure I can learn pretty much from them. These two causes lead to my decision.

Maybe I will encounter many difficulties during the period when I will do my research, but I think I can enjoy the whole process. I hope I can gain much joy and learn lots of knowledge from it. I look forward to the research!

I have read Angela's and Raena's journals.

1 comment:

  1. Sally, most marriages in my country are prepared. Which means, originally, spouses haven't know each other before the marriage. << That's mean with no love in advance!! most of them last forever and get along with each other and fall in love too.

    If u wanna know more about this, include me in your research :)

    ReplyDelete