Saturday, September 19, 2009

Birds of a Feature Flock Together

I am a girl who like making friends, so I have a lot of friends. But among them, the most special friend of mine is Xiang Xing, she is working in Beijing now. At first sight, she was quite different from me, but as time went by, I find actually we have plenty of similarities.

The most important character of us is liking to help others. If we see somebody is in help, we will not hesitate to aid him, whether he is our friend or not. Let’s take our experience for example. When we were in high school, once we saw an old man was struck by some adolescents, we decided to help him by instinct, although we knew we may in trouble. But neither of us hesitate to assist the aged man. We both consider kindness as the most important factor in making friends.

Another important similarity between us is enterprising. We both study hard and want to make our life better. As everyone knows, high school life in China is quite bitter, but we understand we must overcome all difficulties in order to entry the best university. We always encourage each other: Study hard and make progress everyday. These are my best friend and I, two common Chinese girls, although what we own is so limit, our dreams are ambitious. We want to make our life more colorful through our effort.

When talking about hobby, that is the most different character of us. I like sports best, especially gymnastics, I cannot bide to stay at home for couple of days. But she can, she is a quiet girl, her hobbies are reading books, watching movies and surfing the Internet. She can do these from day to day, without outside activities. However, we have a same hobby, that is travelling. When we had a holiday, we usually went to nearby spots or went hiking. Although we have few similar hobbies, we really enjoy the time we hang out.

Although we have some differences, I think the most important factor for friendship is having mutual affinity. She is a quiet girl, I am crazy, but when we hang out, she usually has many topics to talk with me, ranging from studies to her emotion. For example, when we were in high school, she loved a classmate of us, but she was the typical girl who never showed her love up. She only told me and wanted some recommendations. From my perspective, a real friend is a person who can share both joy and sadness with you.

There is an old saying: Birds of a feature flock together. That suits us well. Best friends may have some differences, but they must have more similarities or they should share the same opinion on the most cardiac factors. I highly value the friendship between Xiang Xing and I, I hope we can be best friend forever.

I have read Aziz's and Alwin's journals.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, you are such a copious writer, it's kind of short story.

    Did she get that boy though? :)

    ReplyDelete